13.1.08

Awards Time....

Alright, so the awards on Friday and Saturday went pretty well. On Friday I received 8 awards out of about 14 competitions. I got:

Modeling:
Top 10 in Fashion Print
Top 10 in Fashion Runway
Top 10 in Swimwear
2nd in Jeans

Talent:
Top 10 in Monologue
Top 10 in Cold Read
Top 10 in Sitcom
Top 10 in Theatrical Headshots

On Saturday during the big awards I received....

5th place in Team Fashion
8th place Model of the Year (Honorable Mention)

Considering there were 39 contestants in modeling and 45 in Talent and I had two very hard divisions I believe I did very very well. If I would have put myself in the Modeling Overview I would have gotten 2nd in Most Sought After Male Model with 16 modeling callbacks. The winner had 21 callbacks. Oh well, its not the awards that matter...its the callbacks. And I got a total of 25 of those.

I’m pretty happy with how everything went. I’m very surprised about my Top 10 in Swimwear. I was not expecting that at all. I wish I didn’t have to leave. I had such a good time with everyone there. I got to experience things I never thought I would. And now I may be traveling to Tokyo, Italy and other places to model and hopefully will be moving to LA to start acting.

I guess my “androgynous euro look” really helped me out....

All I can say is this was unbelievable. Being in a Michael Maddox Runway Production, winning 11 awards, getting 25 callbacks and pretty much getting 2nd for Most Sought After Male Model...I would say that coming out here was well worth it.

Now I just wait and see what my director can really get me. I’ll let you know....I’ll pretty much know this week!!! But they may try and not send us somewhere too soon.

But everyone at the Rock was amazing and did awesome. My directors rule alot too and I would have never gone if they didn't see something in me.

Ciao ciao....
Waitey

1 comment:

Seth said...

Congratulations, man! Sounds like you had a super productive week!