13.8.07

WOW I Feel Surprisingly Good For Crashing: Evanston Crit....

So I woke up and was still pretty stiff. My road rash hurt and was pussing. Sounds delicious...I know. All I could do is see if the legs and the body were up for some racing today. Thank god I didn’t have to race until 5:45pm.

So I toured around Evanston with some really good friends that live in Evanston. They took me to a great restaurant for breakfast and then took me around a little bit. I showed them the course and talked bike so they would understand what would be going on in my race. As we kept walking the legs began feeling better and better. I didn’t look like a gimp anymore. I was going to race. I registered and got ready....

The race was really boring at first. I don’t know if it was slow because Rock Racing wasn’t there or people just did not want to go fast today. But the race was really easy. At one put Seth Meyer rode up next to me and we were talking about how ridiculously easy this race was. I was moving up pretty easily. Not much to talk about this race. But I did have fans yelling for me at every corner...that was pretty cool.

Then with 1 lap to go...a crash in corner one. Who knows how that happened. That corner could have fit an airplane through it. It was so wide...there was no need for a crash. I missed it and had to chase extremely hard to the main group of about 45. I didn’t quite have enough distance to catch back on. I ended up sprinting in a group of about 10 and won the sprint!!! I ended up taking 50th. My best crit yet.

I looked at the results afterwards and I had two warnings against me. One for failure to register. Um ok??? I had the wristband on. Number Two for not wearing the right kit. Yes I did wear my UW kit...but my BD kit was destroyed and that was the only one I had at that time with me. So I talked to an official and got it all waived.

Tomorrow = 100 miles of pure pain....

Ciao ciao....
Waitey

No comments: