13.8.07

A Deathmarch: Tour of Holy Hill....

So its true. Two days after a crash is the worst. My legs felt like complete shit from the gun. I was off the back in the first lap. I couldn’t find anything deep. Rock Racing was attacking constantly. And groups chasing found themselves attacking each other. Didn’t everyone know that there were 92 miles left??? I guess not. The humidity was also not my friend today. The funny thing was...all the big guns were just dropping out. I guess they didn’t like the roads. There was some very loose gravel and the corners were retarded scary.

I was going to drop out on lap 2...but found myself staying in it until lap 7. I was in a group of 5. 3 of them friends and then a Hong Kong rider. Sorry, but those Hong Kong riders need to learn how to race AND ride a bike. He almost took out two of us...in a group of 5!?! Its not that hard to ride in a straight line, especially if you’re riding in a pro field. One of my friends in the group decided he really wanted to get rid of the Hong Kong rider, so he kept attacking and we were being a little stupid and joining in. Wasting way too much energy to try and drop him. But he was like glue. It was crazy and sucked.

I pulled out on lap 7. I didn’t want to destroy myself too much more. I think it was a good decision. Tomorrow is a rest day for me. I’m going to rest.

Ciao ciao....
Waitey

No comments: