22.8.07

Soaking wet....

Will this rain ever stop???

So today was day 2 back on the bike. It rained this morning, I went to hand out bus passes. I almost choked some people for asking retarded questions. Over and over people would ask the same dumb question. Yes there are dumb questions. And I guess handing out bus passes to faculty and staff for 8 days so far is kinda getting to me. I'm easily annoyed as most of you should know.

After that I called up Steamer to see if we're still going on the ride we planned if it was nice out. It was definitely nice. 84 degrees, feels like 90. Sun was out and everything. Went home and got ready and went. We got to the lights on Seminole, stopped and got soaked....from our sweat. It was so fricken humid.

As we went along the clouds started covering the sky and it started getting dark. We were going to do a couple intervals up Observatory, but we decided against that idea. We hit Paoli and it started sprinkling. We turn on to Trail Range Rd and there's construction. So we had to CX it and go around it into a field and come out on the other side of it. It started raining a little harder at this point. Frye then says "Knock on carbon, but I think it won't get worse than this." Right when he finishes saying that the heavens decided it would be fun to "rain on Frye's parade". It started pouring. Within a couple minutes we were riding thru rivers on the road. I couldn't look forward because the rain was hitting my eyes so hard. I kept looking at the ground. My thighs were getting pelted and it felt like I was getting hit with hail. About 5 minutes later the rain comes to a complete halt. There were deep puddles everywhere. Then the sun comes out...and goes away very quickly. We're almost to Seminole again and then look to our right. Black, omnious clouds and you could see the rain. The thunder sounded like lightening blew up a house right next to us. Ok time to TT it back. We got back fine, but soaking wet.

I haven't had a fun ride like that for awhile now. Everything is still so serious even though this month was dedicated to "fun rides". And my legs felt awesome...its been awhile since I've felt like that. I guess 3 weeks off does give me a good break off the bike. It just takes the second day to actually feel good.

Well, I'm bored at work. Only 2 more hours to go. Hopefully I'll go home and just pass out...not stay up until 3am. Tomorrow is more torture...bus pass distribution. I've learned my lesson. Don't sign up for buss pass distribution shifts. After that hopefully its nice outside, because I want to sit at a coffeeshop all day and people watch. And seeing that madison is filling up again there are some crazy people and HOTT girls to watch.

And I should have a new digital camera soon. I get paid pretty soon and have some ideas on cameras. I'll take tons of pictures and then blog about random shit soon. Make this blog a little more interesting....

Ciao ciao....
Waitey

1 comment:

Seth said...

Hey, dude. I moved on over to blogger. It's easy and fun and I can post via email and maybe a cool mobile thing someday if I ever get one. Anyway, I'm getting back to Chicago at 11:30 PM (yeah, PM) on the 1st. Give me a call. Let me know what's going on with you.