14.8.07

In every actor there lives a tiger, a pig, an ass, and a nightengale. You never know which one is gonna show up....

So it looks like I may be traveling to LA this January. I did an audition at the Rock Agency to go to IMTA and was picked to go.

First...the audition....
So an email was sent out about the audition maybe a month and a half ago. I kinda just put it aside and didn't even think about it. While I was at Superweek they sent me a letter saying that "they saw potential in me". Ok that was kind of a generic letter. But then I thought why not give it a chance...All they'll do is say no. So I called them up and made an appointment.

The audition was on August 7th at 6pm. I got there about 1 minute before due to traffic and unknown construction (even though I left 20 minutes before 6) and there were about 27 people there. 2 more came in after me. So there were a total of 30 people there to audition to go to LA. I was 28th in line to go.

They gave us a little commerical to memorize and would be doing a little walk. I sat there for 3 hrs before my turn...9pm. That's a good amount of time to memorize 4 lines. Some people were lucky though...they had only one easy line to remember. Oh well...I'll do my best. So I went into the room and did the commerical right away with some of my own style. Here's what I had to say....

"Brace yourself....here comes enough refreshment to cause an avalanche. We're talking super cool here. From the minute one hits your tongue, your mouth will be overrun with flavor as Tic Tac Bold Mint chills you out - from the tip of your tongue to the top of your toes. Thrill your mouth with Tic Tac Bold Mint."

So I was going well and then halfway through it I stumble on my words just a little bit and it screws me up. "Oh and that was SOOO good" they said. Well thats a good sign. I did it one more time and got through it. "Alright thats it, you can go." That was it. I had to say a commerical, they looked at me and I was done. 3 hrs just for that. It better be worth it. I had to call them up the next day to see if I was choosen to go.

The Call Back....
So...the next day I called to see if they liked me. I was a bit nervous...not gonna lie. "Definitely YES!!!" was her answer. That made me happy. They really liked my acting surprisingly enough. I guess I have an undeveloped potential and I'll be amazed with myself when I develop it. I made an appointment with Trish to talk about the whole thing the next day.

I went in and talked with Trish. I first asked her why they liked my acting so much. I guess I was bold, confident, willing to do it, and had a great speaking voice. Well ok. Awesome. So I found out that IMTA is Jan 7-13...a week long competition. I'll be in 18 different competitions from sitcoms to soaps to TV commericals to runway and prints and even swimwear (gotta get those abs nice and defined). Agencies from all over the world come to this to find new faces. Tokyo, Milan, Barcelona, New York, LA, etc. Some famous people got their start at IMTA...Katie Holmes, Ashton Kutcher, Elijah Wood and so on. Not gonna lie...its exciting....

Its really cool that I have this opportunity, because there are over 500 talents at the Rock Agency, 30 go to this audition and only 10 are picked to go. I kind of have to go now knowing this. The Rock Agency has a 100% callback rate going into IMTA, so they don't just pick anyone. They have an awesome reputation and do not want to lose it...so its really cool that they see something in me.

They want me to have another photoshoot to strenghen my profolio before I go...so I'll have another one of those at the beginning of October most likely. I will also begin acting and modeling classes starting sept 5th. I'll have a two hour night class every wednesday and a morning class every Saturday for two hours....for the next 5 months. We'll be going over everything pretty much. I will have to pay my way a little bit, but I think its totally worth it and who knows where this might bring me. I might be in your next favorite film. Or walking the runway in Milan.

The one thing that sucks...I need to get rid of my tanlines....

Oh and if you want to check out what IMTA is their website is....

http://www.IMTA.com

Ciao ciao....
Waitey

No comments: