26.2.06

Should be doing homework...

So yeah I should be doing some studying seeing that I have 3 midterms on Wednesday...but I'm in Italy, how are you suppose to do that? Honestly... So today I woke up before my alarm for the millionth time. I'm been doing that now for the past two weeks. I don't even go to sleep until 2am and then I wake up at 7:00am...my alarm is set for 7:30am. I was about to try and go back to bed but then I remember I had the group ride today at 8:30am. The weather said the day before it was suppose to be 45 degrees with rain/snow showers. I listened to the cars go by outside and I didn't hear wetness. I got up quick and saw that it was a perfect day. Wasn't even cold. Soooo....I got ready and met the team. Today was going to be a hard day.

It turned out to be a 3.5 hr go-as-fast-as-you-can-ride. We did two mountain passes. And I just love my new position on the bike. I honestly feel soooo much stronger on the bike. Today on the first climb (about 10km long...6-8% with sections kicking up to 17%) I was able to keep up with the best climber that came today with ease. Two other guys tagged along, but we were able to drop them. I love hearing other people just gasping for breath while I'm not really breathing that hard...it just makes me go harder. I love to make people hurt, I enjoy making myself hurt too.

On climb two we just decided to explode up the climb. We were honestly holding a good 22-23mph up a 4-5% climb. Ouch!!! But I was able to do the whole climb (about another 10km in 53-17). After all that pain and suffering we got a pace line going...about 28-30mph all the way back to Sesto. So overall it was a pretty good day.

Right when I got back I was hoping that breakfast was still out...YES IT IS!!! SWEETNESS!!! That just made my day. After that I took a shower and then by 1pm I was passed out on my bed. I was planning on waking up at about 3pm...NO...woke up a 5pm. Four good hours of recovery and my legs feel great. I can't wait to see how my legs feel on a bike fit just for me. About 10 more days!!!

And as of now I should be studying...but I can't. Italy just gives you no motivation to do work...no one really works here anyways...so how am I suppose to? I've mostly been thinking about how I want to turn pro. If I can I would like to upgrade to Cat 2 before Superweek and then somehow upgrade to Cat 1 by the end...Yes I know thats very hard to do, but I'm so motivated to do it. I'm also stronger on the bike than I ever have been before and I just keep getting stronger. Every year I have improved. So I think I can do it...I believe in myself. Even my friend that got me into cycling believes I can get up to the P-R-O ranks. He never believed in me before and he was serious tonight. It made me feel good. I just need to show my stuff and have some team see me. I can do it!!! I will do it!!!

Thanks for listening. Happy training...

Ciao

No comments: