24.2.06

More efficient and free shit...

Thursday:
Ok so I didn't write a blog yesterday. Yesterday I didn't have class until 5pm...god I love that. So I woke up at about 11am and really did nothing. I was going to go for a short ride before I met up with the team, but decided not too, cuz my knee was bothering me just a little bit. I did go on the ride at 1pm with the team though. It was fun. 2 hours at a decent pace. On the climb to Carmignano out of the 7 of us, only 2 survived...me and matteau. He's really strong, he kinda looks like Cipollini, he does ride Cipo's 2003 National Italian Champion bike (it was a gift from Cipo to him...craziness). So we kept a very hard pace up the climb...can you say 23mph up a 4-5% gradient. We dropped 4 guys and the only one that was able to stay with us for a little bit was the 'big guy' that mostly made me crash a few weeks back. So Matteau was pulling then it was the big guy and then me. I all of a sudden saw that the big guy was starting to die, so I sprinted around him and caught up with Matteau...we dropped the big guy very fast. I looked back about 10 seconds after passing him and he was already about 75 meters back. We both gave everything we had at the end for a sprint to the top. He got me by the slightest bit. I really need to work on my final sprints. But it was fun. At the end of the ride Matteau came up to me and told me that him and Marco were discussing my position on the bike. Marco wanted to give me a free professional fitting on my bike...Ok. So I would go in the next day to get that done.

Later on I went to the library to study a bit before class. I sat on one of the couches...read 6 pages and passed out for an hour.
Can you say 'productive'. Went to class, had dinner, tried to study more...not working, no motivation at all. Then 10 of us went out to Universale, a disco, and had some dancing fun until about 1:30am. Ah good times

Friday:
So I woke up today at around 9am and went down stairs for breakfast. We also make bagged lunches at this time. Well, I was cutting my Bagel and I cut my index finger very deeply. Started bleeding alot...ouch! Its definitely better now, and I still made myself a damn good lunch and had some breakfast. After breakfast I was still very tired and went back to sleep...until 1pm! Good thing its only Friday and I don't have to worry about too much.

I went into the shop at 4pm and Marco did some professional fitting for me. He adjusted a lot of stuff just by the slightest bit, and I can confirm that I feel a lot better on the bike...I'll definitely have him set up my new bike. He gave me some new cleats too. So he worked on my bike for about an hour to perfection and all for free. After that I need to get a rain jacket. Its been raining for the past week, and its been miserable. So the rain jacket usually runs for 30 Euro, I got it for 20 Euro. Sweet. And then Marco asked me if I had one of the team bags. I said no and he left for a while and got one for me. When he brought it back in I could see it was just a bit heavier and something was in it. He put in on the counter and took out a SS full-zip team jersey and a full team jumpsuit!!! So I would say today was a good day. A crapload of free sweet stuff is always good. I feel spoiled on this team. I don't ever want to leave it. It will be a sad day in May when I have to. But being on this team I feel so P-R-O and its like Christmas every time I walk into that shop. I LOVE IT!!! So I'll be going on a ride tomorrow and checking out this new position on the bike.

As of right now I'm doing some long overdue laundry and eating soon. Tonight I plan on trying to get as much reading as I can done and then watch 2 episodes of l'OC. It'll probably be a late night of studying tonight.

Oh and I want to wish my UW team good luck in DePauw this weekend. I know they'll kick some major ass. A lot of them have been training there asses off. And Depauw, to be honest, isn't really that hard of a race...so if they have some good fitness going into they should be able to crush the other teams...they just have to remember to work as a team and not think individually. I want some good, smart results.

Well, thats all I have to say about that. Happy training....

Ciao

3 comments:

Sarah Lukas said...

It does sound like quite the productive study habits. Keep em up. And by the way, if you're kicking ass over there in Italy, imagine what you will be doing back in the US.

You'll find a MTB team. We were looking for Expert riders earlier.

Waite For It said...

Yeah I should be able to upgrade to Cat 2 by the end of Superweek...hopefully before Superweek, cuz that would be sweet. I mean come on, I'm practically racing Pro/1/2 over here as it is.

Sarah Lukas said...

Definitely!