13.2.06

I could be in the olympics some day...right?

Today was a great day to be outside, but not for the body. I've been feeling kinda shitty the past couple of days. The stomach hasn't been treating me very well. I believe I've been eating too much bad food, but I've been able to burn it off with the training. The weight has been staying on though :(

I woke up at about 8:30am this morning and did some situps. Then got ready and got to class for 10am. Class sucks. I'm in Italy, I just want to travel and train. I guess I need an edu-ma-cation too. Class went to 1pm and then it was time for lunch. After lunch I went for a 1.5 hr moderate ride.

The ride was a little painful. My legs felt like lead pipes that didn't want to do anything useful, until...i got half way up the first climb. Then my legs had something. My lungs didn't get tired at all which is good. I wanted to go a little slower today though seeing that I have my first race tomorrow over by Luca.

Saying that, I got my Italian racing license today. I went into the shop and Marco asked if I needed a little tune up for my bike. Well, sure. He did that while I looked at some carbo and protein powders. And chose a good euro protein powder (banana flavor) and carbo powder (Apricot flavor). I bought the powders and then they gave me my bike back, free tune up...and then they brought over a pair of bibs and socks...and gave them to me for free. SWEET!!! Free gear and now I look like part of the team. HottNESS.


So this is what an Italian Racing license looks like. I'm a Cat A Cicloamatori if you can't read that....

So I race tomorrow. WOW. A little bit of nervousness and excitement is coming over me. I haven't raced since July 23, 2005. That's a pretty long time if you ask me, but I've done lots of hard training since then, so we'll see if its been worthwhile. It better be. Also, I've never raced with a field full of Italians so it will be interesting. I'm racing in the Amateur class, but...I'm a category A racer. Damn, I really wonder if thats like the top category, like a cat 1 in the states. Usually nothing comes after an 'A'. We'll just have to see if I get destroyed or if I can destroy everyone else. Oh, and if I win tomorrow I'm giving myself a mohawk...no questions asked.

Ok time to get going on some of that homework I should have done a long time ago. Happy training...

No comments: