1.2.06

Another day...

So I got some encouragement from one of my best friends to keep on cycling and not be worried. I was just a little scared after the crash. I crashed the exact same way in July and had some brain trauma a few weeks later. I don't quite know if I hit my head...I think it was just my chin, but I'm not gonna lie I was a little worried that I could have something like my episode in August happen again. But my best friend told me to keep going...he knows I never give up and keep going until I've accomplished what I set my mind to. I won't have anything bad happen, it was just a flukey thing anyways. Thanks Ben.

I was going to take the day off to heal a little bit, but it was almost 70 degrees outside today and not a cloud in the sky. How could I pass that up. How could any cyclist pass that up after months of miserable cold and snow. So I got ready...all I had to put on was my shorts and a jersey!! Its February 1st and thats all I have to wear biking, I LOVE IT!!! I went to Barberino di Mugello again today cuz Ullrich, my professor, and sara, training for the Ironman Wisconsin, wanted a little bit more flat than going up into the mountains. OK, I probably shouldn't go that hard today anyways. I couldn't hold the handlebars too well at first because of the road rash on my palms, but I got over the pain and held them like I usually do. Although, whenever I took my hands off the handlebars some of my road rash decided to stay with the handlebars...I have to clean it off now. The shoulder was better, but still a little stiff and the right side of my neck was a little bit stiff today too. None of that is going to stop me from riding though. I felt fine on the bike.

When we got to the first climb I decided to pick up the pace. I dropped Ullrich and Sara right away at the bottom and kept motoring. I wanted to go as fast as I could up this climb. Show that no crash is going to halt my improving climbing ability. When I got to the top I checked my time and was 2 min faster than the last time I did it, and it was pretty fast that last time. WOW. Ullrich came 2 mins after me and then Sara was about 5 min after that. I do feel so much stronger, I just hope I AM able to show it during my races here. Some of my friends at the villa want to come see me race...I'll have to get them a good show. It was also warmer at the top of the climb, it wasn't because of my sweat and body heat...it was actually warmer...I love Italy. I wish I didn't have class at 5pm, cuz then I could have taken a longer route...but I got my 2 hours in and was happy with my performance with the climbs. I can't wait to be about 155lbs and get my new ~17lbs custom Italian bike. I'll definitley be flying up those climbs then. 18 less pounds will really make a difference (my bike now weighs 22lbs and I weigh 168lbs...god damn winter weight).

I'll be going on another ride tomorrow with the Sesto Team at 1 and then I have an Italian quiz. I'll definitely study for that tonight and then tomorrow morning and make sure I know my stuff...then get on my bike. Ciao....

No comments: