5.12.06

I don't know if you've noticed, but....

...Its fricken COLD outside, and walking around on duty for SAFEwalk hurts. I like the cold and winter, but I dislike the stinging sensation on the face and the toes.

This semester is almost over and I can't wait. 2 more weeks and then finals week. I want to just go home. Sleep, eat, train, eat, relax and sleep. Thats all I'm doing over break. I'm going to be putting in some intense rides to get stronger during January and I can't wait. I've been putting in about 15 hour weeks the last couple of weeks and my endurance is definitely improving. When January comes around I'll start the really hard stuff.

Well, the 8th cycling research study I'm in is going well. Just some TTs and constant workloads...and I'm feeling better after every one. So there is definitely an increase in my power too. Holding 340 watts for as long as you can at a cadence of 114 rpm is kinda hard...kinda hurts too. But still, definitely going well.

The UW Cycling Club Winter Holiday Formal is this Friday and I can't wait. I love hanging out with the team. And I never miss this formal for anything.

I really need to quit the Physics Library. I'm going to tell them on Thursday that I will not be coming back to work for them next semester. I want my Tuesdays and Thursdays off...thats why I scheduled it that way...and its not worth working there. I just want to have the time to train those days...and I should have that luxury.

Oh yeah...Aveda hasn't called me back about the gig. They did tell me I have 'very nice hair' though. Oh well, there will be others....

Well, I really don't have much more to say...I don't think I do at least. Tomorrow I'll be doing a good 4 hour ride and then I'm sitting in on some SAFEwalk interviews. After that its the last cycling meeting of the semester and then I'm playing some Wii.

If I think of something else...I'll write it tomorrow. I need sleep. I'm going to dream about racing and the like....

Ciao ciao....

3 comments:

Ryan Baumann said...

Matt, are you riding outdoors or indoors right now? If you want to ride outdoors Wednesday I'm going for a ride at noon.

ryan

Waite For It said...

Damn it I can't...I have the research study at 1 on Wednesday. But I am riding in and outdoors...just outdoors when its sometimes warmer. How about this weekend? Looks like its suppose to be a little bit warmer...

Ryan Baumann said...

10am as usual, 3-5 hours depending on the temps, sure.

Fred's knee is still f-ked so he's not riding yet.