7.12.06

Wow wow wee whoa....


An artsy picture...why not. Thanks to Geo for taking the pic....

Can the weekend be here now? I'm pretty much done with this school thing...good thing I have 5 more semesters after this, eh? I'm not motivated to study or do anything. I want A's, but I don't want to work for it...I know, doesn't work that way...unless your a Gen-Ass. I'm making it through though. Only 4 more days of class for me...thank god for having Tuesdays and Thursdays off.

Last night when I should have been doing homework, I instead created a little training schedule for the next 12 weeks. I have a lot of base to go...but my legs are feeling great. Probably the best they ever have to be completely honest. So far I've put in a 15hr week, a 12 hr week and about a 10 hour week. From now until January I'm putting in about 20hrs/week. I'm on track for this week. I can't wait for January to come when I'll be starting up a few interval training rides. I want to go fast...because thats what I'm made to do. I'm definitely working on my sprint for this coming season....thats my weakest point on the bike. I can drill it, I would just never be able to win a field sprint.

I definitely know my fitness is increasing and my metabolism is getting faster as well. Today I had another research study. It was a TT. I was able to average 350 watts at an average RPM of 114. I took 4 seconds off my last TT in there. Thats pretty good. I have two more TT's in this research study...I want to cut off another 3 seconds and then I'll be real happy. After the study I went home, ate quick and then set up the trainer in the basement and spun for 2.5 hrs. Legs feel real good. Tomorrow I want to spin a little bit in the morning before work and then again after work in the evening. I hope this weekend is going to be as nice as it says...almost in the 40's. Thats perfect weather for a couple 4-5 hr rides. If not, well then I'm on the trainer watching movies for 4-5 hrs. Thank god I'm getting use to all these trainer rides...they keep going by quicker and quicker.

This Friday is the UW Cycling Holiday Formal. I love hanging out with the cycling team. Such good friends...and some of the freshmen this year are actually pretty cool.

Ok well, I need to dream some more...I really have to try and write a blog entry earlier than 2am.

Ciao ciao....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are nice and motivated! That's the hard part. Good luck with exams and the crazy party tomorrow night.

kyle j

Ryan Baumann said...

Sounds like an interesting study, how long are the TT's you are doing? Anything different than normal, or just the high cadence?

Waite For It said...

They're only 5k, but it hurts...and breathing is a little restricted only breathing into a little mouthpiece and your nose plugged. Its just kinda weird...I'm use to a cadence of about 60-70...and I'm holding 114 with no problems at all...

And yes I'm super motivated...I want to race...

Sarah Lukas said...

hey...those are my mittens...