8.11.06

A new start...

So my legs are finally back I think. I can push the pedals and feel strong. I've been going to the gym for the last week working on upper and lower body. I've definitely gained a couple pounds of muscle and I just feel better overall. I haven't felt this good in awhile....too bad the season is over.

I'll be doing one more race this year. I'm going to compete in the Wisconsin State Championship Cross race on the 19th. I'm not expecting much, but I am training for it. After that race is when I'll begin to work on base and weight lifting even more. Only thing I need to do is eat better. I have some high goals for next year which I believe I'll be able to achieve. I'm really focusing on next year. I probably won't do much if any MTB...focus will be more on Road and Cyclocross.

Today was a beautiful day, so I went on a ride with 4 other teammates. It was about a 2 hr ride and we went hard. Sprinted up every hill, attacked each other when we felt like it, rode hard into the headwinds. I was able to get most of the hill sprints with the exception of one where I was taken by about 1/8th of a wheel. Then down Seminole Hwy I decided to lead out. Got up to around 33-35 mph for about 1/2 mile and dropped everyone from my wheel. Then in the arb I attacked hard...a couple of the guys tried to catch up, but I held the 1.5-2 miles and got to the end a good deal ahead of everyone. Dallas broke a spoke with all of his man-torque through the arb. Nick told me I was fast, and the cocky guy was mad that I was able to beat him so easily on everything. Good day.

It always feels good when you've gone hard and felt really good. I've really missed those days. I've missed racing this whole year practically. Next year is a new year, and I'm going into it strong....

Alright well back to my stupid 8 page paper on Cephalopods.....

Ciao Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude....what about the chick? What's going on with her????