25.6.06

6 Hours of MTB'ing is....well...a lot of MTB'ing....

Right now I'm watching the Sunday Night Sex Show with Sue Johanson. She rules....if you want to learn more about her and the show go to:

www.talksexwithsue.com

She told me to tell you to visit the site.

I think I'm going to start up with the blogging thing again...especially because I like the new look of my new template...

OK so yesterday I woke up and thought....SHIT, I have to ride my mountain bike for 6 straight hours today. The race was over at Crystal Ridge in Franklin, WI. The course was pretty easy...and I really liked it. But....6 hours on a mountain bike does hurt. I did pretty well. I placed 6th out of 25 in the field. I did 9 laps totalling 56 miles in 5hrs 43min. Geo got 11th with 8 laps (his brake stopped working for a little bit and then he got a pinch flat). Gehling got 24th...he flatted twice. He was only able to go 5 laps. The course was very turny and there were 2 major climbs and 2 minor ones. The best part was the 3 switchbacks at the end of the lap. So Fast! My legs felt great the hole time, but I didn't want to go to hard seeing that it was my first endurance MTB race. I was happy with my placing. And I didn't have any mechanicals, which was great and surprising. I ate right and fueled up at the right times. Oatmeal cream pies are the best fuel for an endurance race...no doubt. 310 calories per pie...I recommend it. Good race overall...and I think my legs are back...sort of. I definitely overtrained in Italy, which really sucks, but how could you not? I'll get better...superweek will really help.


Geo and I after our 6 hrs of being on a mountain bike...

This Tuesday I have a Maxtest. I hope to hit at least 445 watts and I better. Then in August I have another research study. That one will really see where I am at the end of the season.

Also on Tuesday I have my interview for the Rock Agency. God I hope I get signed. It would be pretty cool to be a model. I enjoy jobs where you really don't have to do much...seeing that I'm pretty lazy actually. So I have everything planned for what I'm going to wear. If I do get signed I'll have a fricken huge ego, but oh well.

Today I went over to the Holy Hill area to watch Ashley ride Cash the Horse. It was interesting and Cash seemed to be a nice and friendly horse. Seemed nice, calm and listened better than a lot of the other horses.


Me and Cash...

Well, on Wednesday Geo and I drive over to Ann Arbor to see some of the Villa peoples. I can't wait to see them. Its been too long. It'll definitely be a good time.

Ciao

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That pic of you and cash is awesome ... ha!

Yea, you rocked it out in the MTB race, one of these days I'll be able to challenge you properly again.

You better get signed, we're pulling for you mate, seriously.