9.5.08

Collegiate Road Nationals TTT....

So today was the Titty-T. It went alright. Our team finally got to practice as a whole 1 hr before we went off. So thats pretty sweet, eh? Well we were fully decked out in aero equipment and felt pretty good about it....

Our start time was 9:18am...we were 5th to last to go out of 21 teams. Some strong teams were going to be following us. We started off the line strong with the wind battering us from everywhere it seemed like. We were going at a pretty good clip...but my legs felt like shit (I don't think I've adapted to the higher altitude yet). They lost me a little ways later. If I was in too low of a gear I would spin too much...but if I clicked up one gear it would be too hard. Gah...well I was dropped and they went on. As a team we finished 6th with a time of 24:42. Not bad considering if you look at all the teams above us they are all teams that have mountains and altitude to train in (as well as well funded programs). We were the top placed flatland midwest team! So I would say thats pretty sweet.

Here's the link to the results for the D1 Men TTT:

https://www.usacycling.org/forms/08CollNatsTTT_Div1_Men.pdf

Well time to get back to studying for those stupid exams we still have. But I've been procrastinating by surfing the internet and buying my international UCI license, which I now need to send in a signed waiver and a photo copy of my birth certificate/passport...even though Freshie just bought his too and doesn't have to send in a photo copy of his BC/passport. Interesting stuff...so I emailed and asked about that...I guess I can also talk to one of the many officials all around me this weekend seeing that its Nationals and everything....

Ciao ciao....
Waitey

No comments: