1.4.08

Random....

Its been awhile. School, work, training, SB, etc have been keeping me busy. I'm just at Steep&Brew right now studying (clarification: was studying) for my NS 431 exam thats in 2.5 hours. I've just been reading some cycling blogs and staying away from actually being productive for this exam. Yup...no motivation like usual.

Well spring break went very well for me...riding and coordinating. I guess everyone liked the job I did and want me to possibly do it next year as well...we'll see about that. As for the riding...I don't think I've ever ridden that hard during a Spring Break. I did 525 miles, 30 hours, 23000 KJ. The first 4 days all the fast guys tore my legs apart. On day 4 I exploded and had to cut the 6 hr ride down to a 3.5 hr ride cuz my legs hurt so bad. I took the next day as a recovery day. The last 3 days of the trip I felt better than ever. And ever since the trip I've been going pretty well. I feel strong again and can't wait to race this weekend at Marian/Purdue. Hopefully I can make up for the poor performances I had at Mizzou/Lindenwood. I really need to start training hard and peak for Natz in Colorado. But I'm up for the challenge...and if I'm feeling pretty good and confident now things should go well....

One thing I do regret is having to give up my spot at Get A Grip. I really don't want to race unattached this year...and to actually have a good supportive team...I was really looking forward to that. I wish I could re-join them...but since I have no idea whats going on I guess I can't. I'm definitely very motivated to train and race again. Maybe its because theres not much snow on the ground and I got to finally ride some decent terrain in NC.

Other than that...I've been on the bike and doing homework. Thats kinda my life right now. Tonight after my exam some of us are going to the Great Dane to play darts and have some appetizers and drinks. Tomorrow I'm going on one of those killer rides where you have to crawl home cuz your legs stopped working from riding so hard...just getting ready for the weekend....

Ok back to studying I guess...school sucks....

Ciao ciao....
Waitey

No comments: