1.10.07

Goodbye Einstein....

My mom just called me about half an hour ago. My dog Einstein has passed away....

Three weeks ago the doctors found that he had a heart problem. My mom started getting medication for him. Sounded like he was doing alot better after he was taking the medication. He has had some seizures in the past, but those went away after the medication was given. And then tonight...I thought everything was going fine and then my mother called. She told me that Einstein wasn't breathing anymore and was still. He was having a very hard time breathing. Einstein knew, himself, that it was his time though, because of how he was acting. My mom has been holding him. And now I guess he's at rest. Peace.

Its just hard for me right now. 10 years is a long time to know someone, love them and then just lose them. He was family. I chose him when he was just 12 weeks old. So small. So energetic. So cute. I just can't imagine him not moving anymore. Barking at my friends...biting their ankles and then running away. The Cat and him fighting. I had a chance to go home last weekend and I didn't go. Thats what hurts the most...I had a chance to at least see him one last time. I don't remember the last time I was home and got to hold him or play with him. He was the one to spend the day with me while I was home alone. I would feed him a little piece of my bagel, cuz he was always bugging me to have some. Yes I was attached to him. He was a good dog. Yeah he was a little chihuahua. He always knew when something was wrong and would come over to you and make you feel better.

I wonder if he was asking where I was just to say bye one last time....and if he was I feel so bad for not being there. Just to hold him. I'm happy though that he was held by someone that loved him and he loved back...my mom. Atleast she was around for his last moments and he didn't have to go through all of this pain by himself tomorrow. She was able to comfort him.

Good bye Einstein. I love you.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Shit, dude. I'm sorry about your dog. That's totally lame. I hope you and your family can pull through quickly and all right.