28.6.07

Home Rest....And The Thoughts Of....

I've been home the last few days and it's been very nice and relaxing. I got in to Stevens Point on Tuesday and I'll be here until Sunday afternoon or so...maybe Saturday night. Not quite sure yet. I've seen some family, hung out with a couple friends, cleaned my bikes, and have gone on two very easy 1 hour rides.

It's definitely nice taking some time off the bike. Makes me realize other things that are going on and lets my body rest nicely. Yet, I can't wait to get back on the bike. On these two rides I've felt amazing...I know they've been slowly and easy, but my legs feel lots stronger and ready to train hard again. I'm liking the feeling. So Monday when I'm definitely back its time to go "solid" again.

I've watched two movies that I've been dying to see lately...Pan's Labyrinth and The Fountain. Both very good movies. The Fountain wasn't what I was expecting, but oh so good...yet confusing at first. After you think about it for awhile its sort of understandable....

I've also decided on what Superweek races I want to do....I'll give a list later when I do have it finalized. Pro/1/2 Superweek is going to be intense...

Other things that have gone on lately. Just today I travelled back to my youth when I use to play baseball. My friend Minch and I decided to take out the dusty gloves, bats and baseball and play a small little game. Batting practice, a little catch, and reminiscing of our childhood days. I played baseball for 10 years of my life...age 5 to 15. I quit because it just wasn't fun anymore and the skills just weren't developing because of it. But it was still nice to play a short game with an ex-teammate friend. I'm happy I went to cycling though....

The next couple of days I'm still just going to relax. I think tomorrow I'll go on another 1-1.5 hr ride slow and grab a coffee and relax in our "downtown" area....Saturday we're having a family picnic with Minch also invited. Then I'm either heading back to Madison on Saturday so I can make it to Jessie's Going Away Party, or I'm staying in Point one more night before I have to go back to work on Sunday...we'll see.

Time to eat some dinner....

Ciao ciao....
Waitey

No comments: