23.7.08

How the racing has been going so far....

Well 4 days down...4 to go. Its been alright. I've pretty much just been pack-fill, but at Evanston I was able to start moving up and becoming a little more aggressive. Shorewood was fast and bumpy. I stayed with the pack and moved up when I could. I finished 73rd on the day. Ripon sucked ass. They used a different course than what they showed in the flyer. They used a shorter State Champs Crit course...I hated that course when I first raced on it. Now they incorporate another power climb and the legs just aren't ready for that. I was pulled later on, but was placed...49th.

Evanston is always a fun one. Crash with 36 laps to go stops the race. The legs hurt on the restart...finally got them going again and started moving up aggressively. Got up to the top 30 or so...then another race stopping crash with 6 to go. I then started on the back of the field again. Gave us 4 more laps to make it 10 and the legs did not like the first 3 laps. I made it thru but in 67th and in the field.

Yesterdays race in Cedarburg didn't go so well. I had the power, but I didn't have any motivation. So I just sat on the back all day not even caring if I moved up the field. From lap 35 to 30 the field was strung out one by one and I had to close about 5 gaps within 2 laps. Yes I know thats what happens on the back of the field. I was popped after 40 laps of the 70 lap race and just rode solo for 4 more laps until being pulled.

Its not the best attitude, but I just can't wait for these race to be done. I'm pissed off for many reasons, don't really have any motivation and just want to get the hell out of Madison and Milwaukee. I just want to get away from this area and some certain people....

Ciao ciao....
Waitey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how's being a model/professional cyclist coming along??? did you find some talent off the back of the pack?

-your adoring public