8.7.07

Feeling good....feeling bad....

So yesterday was my first real Pro/1/2 race and I think I fared fairly well. It was 95 degrees Fahrenheit and super sunny. Not too humid though. I had the best start I've had in a crit for a long time. Clip-in was flawless and got right to 4th wheel. I stayed there for about 2 laps....went with a little breakaway...didn't really go anywhere, but still I was happy. And it opened up the legs for the next 75 minutes of fastness. During the race I went with a couple other breaks that didn't stick. ISCorp was working pretty well, because Freshie the Man Beast got into a break with a Navigators rider and Colavita rider. They ended up lapping the field. Freshie won the State Champs Crit Jersey so good for him...but it was a given anyways and Baumann predicted it. I did a lot of work, but was never in danger of getting dropped. It was an easy race...definitely easier than a couple of the races during Tour of Ohio. But during my time in the field I pulled back a couple breaks, went with some breaks and just tried to keep good position. I ended up getting swarmed in the end and finishing 31st. I'm ok with that. I was aggressive during the race. I'm happy I wasn't scared or nervous for this race. I just went into it knowing that I have to show that I can hold in Pro/1/2 fields...and even try to do something in them.

Then today I got on the bike and felt like complete shit. My stomach bothered me in the morning, so I slept it off. It did go away, but when I tried a hard effort, I nearly puked and there wasn't much of an effort to give from the legs. It definitely wasn't from the race yesterday. I did get a little bit of the cold sweats during the race yesterday, so I tried to get some electrolytes in me. But then today the 96 degree heat might have gotten to me. Oh well, I decided to take the day off then after that. I want to feel good and fresh for the upcoming extremely hard SUPER weeks.

Talking about super weeks....I figured out my Superweek schedule and registered for the races. I've decided on 10 races. Yes, in the P/1/2 field. My legs WILL get torn off...it WILL hurt me alot...I may puke during the races. My only goal is to stay with the pack and maybe even win some money one or two days out of it. Overall, these races should make me stronger....

Here's my schedule.....

7/16: Point Beer Tour of Alpine Valley Road Race
7/17: Saturn Whitnall Park Road Race
7/19: Tim Hart DDS/Rainbow Jersey Shorewood Criterium
7/21: Carl Zach Cycling Classic presented by Couri Insurance Agency
7/22: Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Grand Prix of Cycling
7/23: Pharma Pacific Tour of Holy Hill
7/25: Bellin Health Village of Howard Cycling Classic
7/26: PCW Cycling Heritage Square Classic Criterium
7/28: The Columbia St. Mary's Great Downer Avenue Bike Race
7/29: Whitefish Bay Classic

320$ for 10 races....damn I'm poor now. Whoever reads this blog....if you may have a place for me to stay during these races please let me know if Dallas and I can crash at your place. It would be greatly appreciated. All I need is a floor to sleep on....

Ciao ciao....
Waitey

1 comment:

Ryan Baumann said...

Giv'er hell man, you can be up there at Superweek if you play it smart. Don't be afraid to take off a day or two more than you scheduled. It's better to be recovered than race yourself into the ground aka Freddy last year...he hit Holy Hill and just went home for 2 weeks afterwards.

Good luck--

Ryan