3.7.06

I could use a rub down....

So I didn't feel like doing the MTB race today so I didn't. Instead I got out of bed around 10am, watched the tour, and then went on a bike ride. I felt really good on the 3 hr ride. I went to Beilleville and then went up Observatory Hill in preparation for Superweek.

I got back home and did a little sunbathing. I actually fell asleep outside in the sun for 2 hrs...yet didn't burn...hmm.

Then I was going to meet Geo, Ash and Amelia at Rhythm and Booms. So I got on the Frugeri and decided to TT it to the Park. I'm doing really really well. And then BAM!!! I go over my handlebars and scrape my chin and hands. And my thigh is in intense pain. I look back at my bike....and...well...my fork is not connected to the bike anymore. Yes, my fork broke in two. Umm...I've never crashed my baby, or never had anything crazy happen to it. So the fork must have had a problem. I was able to walk to the fireworks in pain.

Now I sit here in pain still. I either severely sprained a muscle or cracked a bone slightly. We'll see what it is. I may not be doing Superweek. I'll put pics up of the fork later on.

Ciao

1 comment:

Sarah Lukas said...

O no! That's all I can say. I hope things get better for you and that you saying no superweek is a lie...feel better